Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Future of Entertainment


I found it interesting when Jenkins stated that it should be called “spreadable media” instead of “viral media” so that it would be more understood to have been collaborated on, which I understand, but I feel like he discards the media that is considered “viral” at the moment that isn’t collaboration but just one person creating it. I also wasn’t too sure if I agreed with what they said about measuring success, because I feel like people are pretty good at being able to measure it in this day and age. Overall I thought that the convention seemed very interesting and I enjoyed how they were putting new perspectives and ideas out there, but I don’t think I agree with everything they were saying.
Technologies influence on media narrative is crazy. The advances in technology since the beginning have improved the way people are able to communicate, edit, improve and collaborate on everything that is on the Internet. I think that stories or narratives still have the aspect of being created and completed as one process, but I feel like it’s the after effects and once consumers are able to go through read it and address their thoughts on it is really where the influence of technology comes in to play. 

1 comment:

  1. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.

    Conway's Vintage Treasures

    ReplyDelete